Insights from Women Business Leaders on International Women’s Day
March 7 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Join Women Business Collaborative at our International Women’s Day Celebration and hear more about the leadership and innovations of the WBC community. The full day of programming will focus on promoting women’s leadership and explore topics such as AI and Technology, women on boards, women of color leadership, and women in the workforce. And join us for a reception at the end of the day to build meaningful connections with fellow attendees and celebrate the critical role women play in leadership.
9:30 AM Arrival and Registration
10:00 AM Opening Remarks
10:50 AM Driving Inclusion: Women’s Leadership in Artificial Intelligence
As artificial intelligence continues to impact leaders and organizations, it’s important that inclusion and equity are considered in every facet of decision-making. And it is critical that women play a deep role in making decisions that shape the future of artificial intelligence in companies and in business. Join our speakers to learn more about how businesses are innovating to meet the benefits and challenges of artificial intelligence while ensuring women’s voices have a seat at the table.
- Shayla Treadwell, Ph.D., Vice President of Governance, Risk and Compliance, ECS
- Aneisa Simon, HR Director, Leadership Development & Inclusion, IBM Infrastructure, Research
- Mona Nafde, Executive Director, IT & Data Governance, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
- Moderated by Gwen K. Young, CEO, Women Business Collaborative
11:05 AM Women in the Boardroom: Increasing Representation in Board Leadership
Ensuring women of all identities are represented in board positions is critical to corporate success. Companies with women in leadership are known to grow faster, generate more revenue, and achieve higher stock prices. They also tend to have a more diverse employee base which contributes to a happier workforce, further benefiting the bottom line. Join our speakers to discuss the current state of women in board positions and how companies are and should be building representation on their boards.
- Julie Zuraw, CEO, The Thirty Percent Coalition
- Anne Alonzo, Principal, Alonzo Advisory LLC
- Singleton McAlister, Of Counsel, Husch Blackwell
- Moderated by: Tara Giunta, Partner, Global Co-Chair, ESG & Sustainable Finance, Paul Hastings
12:45 AM Building the Pipeline: Engaging the Next Generation of Leaders
By 2030 the U.S. will face a deficit of over 6M skilled workers. If companies do not have strategies in place to retain and develop women in the workforce, women will continue to exit the workforce at alarming rates. Join our panel to learn more about how businesses can work to better retain women and develop them for future leadership roles through leadership development, sponsorship, allyship, and inclusive organizational cultures.
- Dina Fifadra, Director of Product and Technology, Amazon Business
- Laine Gandy, Director, Adecco Group US Foundation
- Gemma Toner, Founder & CEO, TONE Networks
- Moderated by: Dr. Debra Clary, Founder & CEO, Elavescent
1:30 PM Break
1:45 PM Elevating Women of Color in Leadership
Despite bringing substantial value to businesses and teams, women of color remain vastly under-represented in positions of leadership and often have to navigate increased barriers to access critical development resources and move through the leadership pipeline. As organizations work to create inclusive cultures, it is critical that they recognize the unique multitude of lived experiences for women of color across racial identities. In this panel, speakers will discuss how companies can elevate more women of color into positions of leadership.
- Esther Aguilera, Senior Advisor, Altura Capital & ALPFA, Inc.
- Kimberly Lee Minor, CEO, Women of Color Retail Alliance
2:30 PM Integrating Corporate Purpose
It’s more critical than ever that companies are crystal clear about their core reason for being and their impact on the world. Integrating purpose into a company’s brand, community investment and talent practices can help businesses create a clear roadmap for effective change. At the same time, being intentional in communicating a company’s purpose creates an inclusive culture that aligns the values of the company with the sense of purpose for its employees. Join our speakers to hear more about how organizations are transforming their policies and practices to achieve their purpose.
- Margaret Resce Milkint, Global Insurance Practice Leader, Diversified Search Group
- Rachel Talton, CEO, Synergy
- Kimber Maderazzo
- Moderated by: Sharon Reynolds, CEO, DevMar Products LLC
3:15 PM Closing Remarks
- Gwen K. Young, CEO, Women Business Collaborative
3:30 PM International Women’s Day Reception Begins
5:00 PM Reception Ends