Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defense company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. With four industry-leading businesses ― Collins Aerospace, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defense ― the company delivers solutions that push the boundaries in avionics, cybersecurity, directed energy, electric propulsion, hypersonics, and quantum physics.
Raytheon Technologies believes that creating technology that inspires, progresses and transforms the industry requires expansive thinking and bold innovation – which, in turn, requires a culture that is diverse, equitable and inclusive. In particular, fostering an authentic and transparent culture helps the company build a sense of belonging among its employees, which leads to innovation and growth.
Raytheon Technologies DE&I strategy is focused on four areas:
• Workforce representation-Cultivating an environment of inclusion and innovation.
• Community engagement-Investing strategically in our global communities.
• Supplier diversity- Driving economic empowerment and opportunity.
• Public policy advocacy-Championing equality for all.
Highlights of the company’s efforts include to drive the advancement of women in business include:
• A goal that 50% of executive-level talent will be women by 2023. To support this goal, they are developing strategically focused approaches to sourcing, professional development and career progression of female talent
• An early commitment to Paradigm for Parity, a coalition of business leaders dedicated to addressing the leadership gender gap in corporate America.
• Investing $6.7B with small and diverse suppliers in 2021. Payments to small and diverse suppliers made up 28% of overall 2021 spending in the U.S. Specifically, $247 million in cumulative earnings and 3,803 jobs were created for women-owned businesses within the supply chain and in the supplier’s communities.
• Establishing WILL Rise, a grassroots effort to accelerate the growth and advancement of women in P&L leadership roles. The year-long program is dedicated to providing meaningful and sustained learning and development, networking and mentoring opportunities
• Establishing the Re-Empower Program, which provides an opportunity to relaunch careers after a professional hiatus of two or more years. The 14-week program provides professional development, training, mentoring and networking with the goal of transitioning into full-time or part-time roles. Upon completion of the program, based on performance and contributions, participants will be eligible for a career at Raytheon Technologies.
• Investing and partnering with local and global organizations with high quality STEM programs that help build the future pipeline of talent.. One example is Girls Who Code, an international organization that is building a pipeline of future female engineers, since early 2019. GWC’s mission is to close the gender gap in entry-level tech jobs by 2027.
• Serving as premier sponsor of the Simmons Leadership Conference which hosts more 4,000 female professionals attend this women’s leadership conference. Speakers have included prominent female leaders, such as Madeline Albright, Maya Angelou and Oprah Winfrey, who discuss experiences and concerns of women in the workplace around the world.
• Serving on the Society of Women Engineers Corporate Partnership Council. With over 42,000 members around the world, SWE is the world’s largest advocate for women in engineering and technology.
• Sponsoring Women of Color magazine’s annual STEM Conference, which offers both valuable career networking opportunities and prestigious award ceremonies.
• Creating nine employee resource groups, volunteer organizations that help an inclusive culture and enable positive change. RTX WISE – Women Inspiring Success and Empowerment – is one of the nine groups and is specifically aimed at fostering an environment where all women can grow and thrive. The community is committed to driving both cultural and systemic change to help all women realize their potential.